Futron Aviation is an industry leader in the development and implementation of Safety Management Systems (SMS). We collaborate with the client to proactively manage all facets of safety throughout your enterprise, program, or project. Considering your organization’s unique needs and objectives, Futron Aviation works to integrate an individual systematic safety approach into the current processes and practices of your organization. The best SMS is one that provides processes and procedures for safety hazard identification and effective risk control in a manner that complements and enhances existing organizational management processes.
An effective Safety Management System (SMS) needs:
• A positive safety culture in which to operate
• Leadership with a sound educational foundation and dedication to safety
• A Safety Risk Management (SRM) process
Futron Aviation guides the client through the key elements and decisions for effective SMS implementation and SRA requirements. Our safety leadership education and safety risk management techniques provide you with the safety decision management foundation and tools to promote safety, protect vital assets, and ensure high quality operations.
An effective SMS enables your organization to comply with regulations, improve performance, and minimize the likelihood of an adverse event. Effective implementation of an SMS integrates safety into operations and introduces a systematic approach to improving safety performance. An SMS also improves employee, passenger, and cargo safety through proactive identification and mitigation of risks and prospective hazards. An SMS that works for you each and every day involves your employees in the protection of their own safety, creates trust at all levels of the organization, and increases employee morale. An SMS is a means to create a culture of dedicated self-management of safety rather than reliance upon inspections to maintain standards.
Futron Aviation is/has been the prime contractor or a subcontractor for work at the following airports in support of Airport Safety Management Systems goals:
• Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG)
• Denver International Airport (DEN)
• Huntsville International Airport (HSV)
• Indianapolis International Airport (IND)
• Peoria International Airport (PIA)
• Port of NY/NJ (EWR, JFK, LGA, SWF, TEB)
• San Antonio International Airport (SAT)
• San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
• Seattle Tacoma International Airport (SEA)